Terms and Conditions
FileTransferPlus is a free & simple service to transfer your files to anyone. No registrations or subscriptions are needed.
- Please read the Terms of Service carefully. If you use our Service, you agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy & Cookie Statement.
- FileTransferPlus use services of third parties, their terms and conditions, notice and take down policies and/or privacy and cookie policies may apply. FileTransferPlus is not responsible for these services, terms and/or policies.
- FileTransferPlus can change this Terms from time to time. We recommends that you review periodically and take note of any changes. By continuing to use the Service you accept any change made to the Terms of Service.
- FileTransferPlus is free from registration and charge. Just show advertising or links to partners for funding.
- FileTransferPlus provides the possibility to transfer digital files and share content up to a 500 MB limit. It is highly recommended to compress the files to transfer into a single file.
- Uploaded files are stored and available to download on third party servers for a limited period of time and will expire automatically after. Each transfer can be sent to a limited number of e-mail addresses per transfer. Each e-mail is sent separately to each individual recipient.
- After the expiry period mentioned FileTransferPlus will permanently delete the uploaded files. These files will not be available nor retrievable anymore.
- Any file transfer between you and recipients is treated confidentially. FileTransferPlus does not provide any public search function, catalogue or listing to find transfers that would be available.
- FileTransferPlus will not look into your transfer or files, unless this is necessary and in line with our Privacy & Cookie Statement, for instance to provide you with (technical) support on your request or if we are by law obliged to do so.
File ownership, permissions and responsibility
- FileTransferPlus does not claim any ownership of the contents of the files you transfer through our Service. You are fully and solely responsible and accountable for the files you transfer through our Service.
- By using our Service you guarantee that you have for each file all required permissions, including from copyright and other intellectual property rights holders, to distribute, transfer, store and/or make available online as part of our Service.
- FileTransferPlus is not liable to you or any third party for any damages arising out of the content shared by you and the use, reuse, or adaptation, including but not limited to copyright protected works and/or trademarks.
- FileTransferPlus respects your rights and privacy, corporate intelligence and business secrets and intellectual property rights, such as trademarks, copyrights, trade names and logos. You agree not to use the Service to commit or promote, enable or facilitate unlawful or criminal acts or violations of these Terms of Service or facilitate or promote others to do so.
- You agree not to transfer, distribute or store any files that:
- feature child pornography;
- are obscene, defamatory, libellous, slanderous, profane, indecent or unlawful,
- promote racism, violence or hatred;
- are factually inaccurate, false, misleading or deceptive;
- you don’t have the right to copy and/or transfer;
- infringe, violate or misappropriate intellectual property rights, privacy rights, including data protection rights, and/or any other kind of rights;
- infringe on or violate any applicable law or regulation;
- constitute ‘hate speech’, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or language of such individual or group, and/or;
- facilitate or promote gambling, or the sale or use of liquor, tobacco products or illicit drugs.
- In addition, you agree not to:
- impersonate or falsely pretend affiliation with any person or entity;
- access any non-public areas of the FileTransferPlus website or Services;
- send viruses, worms, malware, junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing mails, unsolicited promotions or advertisements of any kind and for any purpose;
- attempt to probe, scan, compromise or test the vulnerability of the FileTransferPlus website or Service or any related service, system or network or breach any security or authentication.
File ownership, permissions and responsibility
- FileTransferPlus reserves the right to investigate, provide to third parties, (temporarily) block and/or remove from its servers, without warning, any transfers, files, wallpapers and/or accounts or to block anyone from accessing any part of the FileTransferPlus website or Services, when FileTransferPlus ascertains, at their own discretion or after receiving substantiated and valid complaints, that you violate these Terms of Service or act in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Privacy & Cookie Statement
- FileTransferPlus processes some personal data to make our service work for you. We process your personal data so we can send your transfers, and evaluate how you use our service. We will only process personal data for legal reasons if we are obliged to do so by legal authorities. We don’t sell or share your personal data with anyone. Our advertisers have the option to track some personal data through cookies.
- When using the FileTransferPlus service, we processes the following personal data:
- Your IP-address;
- Your email address;
- Email addresses of the recipients;
- Your personal message for the recipients;
- IP-addresses of the recipients;
- File names, sizes and types;
- FileTransferPlus may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Operating the service and/or the website.
- Providing (technical) support when you reach out to us;
- Following up on legal requests for abuse reports and fraud investigations;
- In so far as necessary: defending FileTransferPlus in legal proceedings in relation to or as a result of your use of FileTransferPlus, following a court order, abiding by any law, regulation or governmental request, cooperating with law enforcement, cooperating in fraud investigations from third parties, safeguarding national security, defense, public security or public health, and to uphold our Terms;
- FileTransferPlus provides its Services “AS-IS”, without warranty of any kind. Without limiting the foregoing, FileTransferPlus explicitly disclaims any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. FileTransferPlus makes no warranty that the Service are available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that FileTransferPlus is not responsible for any damages to your computer system or the computer system of any third party that result from use of the Service and is not responsible for any failure of the Service to store, transfer or delete a file or for the corruption or loss of any data, information or content contained in a file.
Indemnity and Liability
- You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless FileTransferPlus, including its employees and affiliates, from and against any claims, incidents, liabilities, procedures, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Service or your violation of these Terms of Service, including any third party claims that files submitted to the Services by you or through your account infringe or violate any third party rights.
- FileTransferPlus is not liable for any damage or personal injury resulting from any use of the FileTransferPlus website or Service.
- You can contact FileTransferPlus in our contact form or writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.